Halie Nitzsche
Special to Ohio.com

Editor's Note: Revere High School student Halie Nitzsche is one of nearly 50 students in Ohio to travel throughout Europe this summer as a part of the People to People Student Ambassador organization.

The group left Ohio on June 22 and will return July 10. In today’s update, Halie recalls visits to the Eiffel Tower and Louvre to see some of the most famous sights in France. She also adds some interesting accounts about getting lost -- again, and a run in with some sticky-fingered natives.

Visit Bath.Ohio.com for the next two and a half weeks to read Halie’s first-hand account during her time in France, Switzerland, Austria and Italy. 

Take a look at Day 3 here:

Day 3~ We got to sleep for 7 hours and we were so happy! We had breakfast at the hotel. I got a bowl of cereal, crescent, apple juice, and vanilla yogurt. After that, our leaders came by to check our rooms and we got on the bus to head to the Eiffel Tower. When we got there, we walked to a grassy area to take pictures and then they let us go to some gift shops under the tower. I bought a miniature Eiffel Tower and then we went to get in line to go up.

People can walk or take the elevator to reach the top of the Eiffel Tower, so we took the elevator. Everyone huddled together in the elevator so we could all fit after making our way through security. As we started going up, it started really fast and you could look down.The elevator stops at the first floor to turn, then you can see the curve and it seems like a roller coaster that will drop any minute.

Once we reached the next stop we took a lot of pictures.

After that, we got in line to go up another elevator to reach the very top to get more pictures. We waited in line for an hour. The group agreed to meet back at Nord (North) sign by 11:30 a.m., but the leader said we could still go up even though it was 11:40, so we went up. The elevator ride seemed like forever because it was so high up. When we finally got there, our leader left my two friends and me, so we took pictures and got in the line to go back down. That line took an hour too.

We finally reached the meeting place around 1 p.m., where we searched everywhere for our guide. After about 10 minutes we found them and they were so relieved to see us. I was lost twice in three days! It was an adventure.

After that, we got back on the bus to go to the Louvre and eat in the mall-like food court below. I ate at an Asian food area and got fried rice and pork. Then we got to go into the Louvre. The first thing we saw was The Winged Victory. We went through a long hall that was used for dining when it was a palace for Louis the 14th. After that, we turned right into a room crowed with people to see the Mona Lisa. I really wanted to see that and it was really exciting. If you turned around, you could see the second most famous painting, the Last Super.  After that, we saw Venus and looked at other art.

We got on the bus and started towards a place in the heart of Paris to go to a large church and shop. As we headed up the steps to go to the church, pickpockets tried to steal from a few members of our group. They had to grab their phones back, but we got to the top with nothing stolen.

We went around shopping then went back to our meeting spot. There was a mime in the street playing with the cars and acting like dogs as they went by.

We walked to a restaurant across the street and had fish and chips with a banana cream pie slice. We also had the chance to try escargot. I kept it on my fork for a while then finally ate it. It tasted fine but it was the thought of having a snail in my mouth that almost made me throw up, but I swallowed it.

After dinner, we went back to our hotel and went to bed.