Listermann Brewing Co. continued its impressive run at the 15th annual Festival of Wood & Barrel Aged Beer in Chicago.
A year after winning best of show for Triple Digit Chickow! aged in Heaven Hill bourbon barrels, the Cincinnati brewery finished best of show runner-up at this year's competition with its Brandy Barrel Chickow!. (Chickow! also has won a silver medal at the event.)
Not surprisingly, Listermann took to social media to share the news.
1st place last year. Second place this year. We make OK BA beer. #FoBAB #Cincinnati #craftbeer @… https://t.co/6tBjM82pwn
— Listermann Brewing (@Listermann) November 11, 2017
Listermann wasn't the only Ohio brewery to medal at the event, held Nov. 10-11 and organized by the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild.
More Brewing Co. of Villa Park, Ill., took home the Best of Show award for its BA Karma.
Overall, six Ohio breweries took home medals. Here's the rundown:
• Listermann Chickow! Brandy Barrel: Gold medal in the specialty/experimental category; and runner-up for best in show.
• Warped Wing Chardonnay Barn Gang: Gold medal in the strong pale beer category.
• Wolf’s Ridge Terre de Sauvage Green: Gold medal in the wild beer/brett category.
• Zaftig Wee Heavy: Gold medal in the strong dark beer category.
• Rhinegeist Double Oaked Mastodon: Silver medal in the strong dark beer category.
• Rivertown Ville de Rivere Geuze: Bronze medal in the wild beer/sour category.
For more details on the competition, click here.