A Miami judge denied a motion by Los Angeles Dodgers star Yasiel Puig to dismiss a lawsuit filed by a Cuban man blaming the player for his imprisonment and torture on the communist island.

In the lawsuit, Miguel Angel Corbacho Daudinot claims he was falsely accused by Puig of involvement in human trafficking and was subjected to torture in Cuban prisons. U.S. District Judge Kathleen Williams denied Puig’s request this week and set a trial date for November.

Puig has denied the allegations. His attorney says in court papers that Corbacho Daudinot’s torture allegations aren’t sufficient under U.S. law.

Other lawsuit filings have detailed Puig’s eventual defection out of Cuba by smugglers who took him to Mexico and eventually to the U.S. amid threats over unpaid debts.

MORE LEGAL ISSUES — The ex-wife of former Dodgers owner Frank McCourt must reimburse him $1.9 million in legal fees after she unsuccessfully contested their divorce settlement, a judge tentatively ruled.

Superior Court Judge Scott Gordon issued his decision Tuesday, citing provisions in the former couple’s divorce settlement that called for any party that contested the agreement to pay the other side’s attorneys’ fees.

In September, Gordon rejected Jamie McCourt’s claims that her husband shortchanged the value of the Dodgers, which sold in 2012 for more than $2 billion.

Frank McCourt’s attorneys sought repayment of nearly $2 million in fees spent opposing the motion.

The ruling will become final unless Jamie McCourt’s attorneys file objections within 15 days.

The ruling was issued as a civil trial drew to a close in a case over whether McCourt and the Dodgers were responsible for the beating of a San Francisco Giants fan at the team’s home opener in 2011. Bryan Stow, a former paramedic who suffered debilitating injuries in the attack in the Dodger Stadium parking lot, is seeking more than $36 million from the team and McCourt. Closing arguments in the case began Thursday morning.

DARVISH OPTS OUT ­— Texas Rangers ace Yu Darvish says he would likely opt for sightseeing over pitching if he’s selected to the AL All-Star team for the third consecutive season.

Darvish is scheduled to make three more starts before the break, including one that would come two days before the July 15 All-Star Game in Minnesota.

The Japanese pitcher answered “No” in English on Thursday when asked if he’d be willing to pitch in the All-Star Game if he stays on that schedule. He also shook his head several times, then said through his translator that he’d go sightseeing instead.

All-Star pitchers who start on the Sunday before the showcase game can be replaced on the roster by a fresh arm.

Darvish is 7-4 with a 2.62 ERA in 14 starts this season. He has 118 strikeouts in 96 1-3 innings.

The right-hander didn’t pitch in the 2012 All-Star Game and was replaced on the AL roster last year because of injury.

AROUND THE LEAGUE — The Washington Nationals recalled catcher Wilson Ramos from his minor-league rehab stint and activated him from the 15-day disabled list Thursday. Catcher Sandy Leon was optioned to Triple-A Syracuse to make room on the active roster. ... Center fielder Juan Lagares was activated from the 15-day disabled list by the New York Mets and was in the starting lineup, batting sixth, for Thursday night’s game against the Pittsburgh Pirates. ... The Chicago White Sox designated left-handed pitcher Scott Downs for assignment and recalled left-hander Eric Surkamp from Triple-A Charlotte.