• Tuesday — The Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club meets at 7:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at the Mogadore VFW Hall, 385 Randolph Road, Mogadore. Its mission is to involve youths in outdoor activities. New members are welcome. For more information, call Steve Isaacs at 330-928-7169 or email email@example.com.
• March 17 — Buckeye Outdoors Youth Education and Shooting Center is having its annual Buffet Dinner and Reverse Raffle at the Barberton Moose Lodge #759, 250 31st St. NW, Barberton. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. followed by dinner at 7 p.m. The raffle, featuring cash prizes and silent auctions, begins at 8 p.m. Tickets are $50 per person. All profits help finance programs that help youth learn firearm safety, the shotgun sports, archery program, upland bird hunting program, and hunter education. Tickets are available at the Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Twp. (open every Saturday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.) or by contacting Harvey Bechtel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-620-6909 or Brad Harker at 330-703-5097. BOYESC is a 501 (c )(3) charitable organization which accepts sponsorships and donations that are tax deductible.
• March 18 — The Portage Summit Field and Stream Club, 8504 U.S. Route 224, Deerfield Township, meets at 2 p.m. the third Sunday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and to those interested in becoming a member. For more information, visit psfsclub.com or call Earl Watson at 330-858-5465.
• April 2 — Lunker Luggers Bass Club of Kent is seeking new members who are boaters or nonboaters. Meetings are at 7:30 p.m. the first Monday of each month at On Tap Grille & Bar, 4396 Kent Road, Stow. For more information, call 330-289-2752 or email email@example.com. For details, visit kentlunkerluggers.com.
• April 14 — Summit Metro Parks is hosting a trout derby at Firestone Park’s Little Turtle Pond, 2400 Harrington Rd., Akron. The event is open to anglers 15 years old and younger. Bring your own gear. Worms will be available for purchase; no minnows allowed. A limited number of rods and reels will be available for use. Information: summitmetroparks.org.
• Friday — The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Friday — The Lake Milton Fish & Game Club, 4375 Bedell Road, Berlin Center, hosts open and protector trap shoots at 6 p.m. every Friday. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call Dean at 330-557-4001.
• Saturday — The Edinburg Sportsmen’s Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays for practice shoots. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-472-7206 or go to edinburgsportsmens.webs.com.
• Saturday — The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Township, is open to the public for trap shooting from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays. National Rifle Association-certified instructors, shotgun rentals and shells are available. For details, visit copleytrap.com or call 330-310-0845. For more information, call Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
• Sunday — Sportsmen’s Shooting Center, 6501 State St., Louisville, is open to the public for skeet, trap and five-stand shooting from noon to 4 p.m. The club welcomes new shooters to practice or join a league. For normal hours of operation or more information, call 330-875-8081 or go to sportsmensshootingcenter.com.
• Tuesday — The North Industry Sportsmen’s Club, 7825 Beth Ave., Navarre, hosts trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays. The club opens for shooters at 5:30 p.m. All shooters are welcome. For more information, call Dennis Hayhurst at 330-280-0933.
• Tuesday — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. Route 224, Deerfield Township, holds trap style game shoots at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. All are welcome. For more information, visit psfsclub.com.
• Wednesday — The Lost Arrow Archery Club, 3370 17th St. SW, Massillon, has half-course 3-D shoots on Wednesday nights. Registration begins at 4:30 p.m. All archers and types of bows are welcome. For details, call 330-844-1997.
• March 25 — Lone Eagle Bowmen are hosting a 30 target 3D shoot at their location at 2276 Seeman Street SW, East Sparta. Similar events: May 6, June 3, Aug. 5 and Sept. 2. Information: 330-575-0744 or loneeaglebowmen.com.
Those purchasing an Ohio hunting license for the first time must complete a hunter education course. Additionally, Ohio hunters seeking licenses in other states may be required to show proof that they completed such a course. There is no charge. For more information, call 800-WILDLIFE.
LET US KNOW
• Seeking events — If you have an outdoors event planned, please submit the information to the Beacon Journal for inclusion in the Outdoors Almanac. Minimum information needed is: type of event, date, time, place (please include an address), cost and a number to call for further information. Include a website if applicable. Please submit items by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 330-996-3629.
Outdoors almanac, March 9