• Sunday — The Portage Summit Field and Stream Club, 8504 U.S. Route 224, Deerfield Township, meets at 2 p.m. the third Sunday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and to those interested in becoming a member. For more information, visit psfsclub.com or call Earl Watson at 330-858-5465.
• Nov. 6 — Lunker Luggers Bass Club of Kent is seeking new members who are boaters or nonboaters. Meetings are at 7:30 p.m. the first Monday of each month at On Tap Grille & Bar, 4396 Kent Road, Stow. For more information, call 330-289-2752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For details, visit kentlunkerluggers.com.
• Nov. 14 — The Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club meets at 7:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at the Mogadore VFW Hall, 385 Randolph Road, Mogadore. Its mission is to involve youths in outdoor activities. New members are welcome. For more information, call Steve Isaacs at 330-928-7169 or email email@example.com.
• Friday — Lenape Trail Sportsman Club, 15413 Salt Creek Road, Mount Eaton, will host protector trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 330-695-9826.
• Friday — The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Friday — The Lake Milton Fish & Game Club, 4375 Bedell Road, Berlin Center, hosts open and protector trap shoots at 6 p.m. every Friday. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call Dean at 330-557-4001.
• Saturday — The Edinburg Sportsmen’s Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays for practice shoots. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-472-7206 or go to edinburgsportsmens.webs.com.
• Saturday — The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Township, is open to the public for trap shooting from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays. National Rifle Association-certified instructors, shotgun rentals and shells are available. For details, visit copleytrap.com or call 330-310-0845. For more information, call Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
• Sunday — Amvets Post 176, 3944 Wheatley Road, Richfield, hosts Sunday turkey shoots through Nov. 19. Only factory-barrel guns, limited to 32 inches long, are permitted. Practice starts at 10 a.m. Registration starts at 7 a.m. Breakfast is available from the women’s auxiliary beginning at 8 a.m. Prizes include turkeys, ham and bacon. For more information, call 330-659-3924.
• Sunday — Sportsmen’s Shooting Center, 6501 State St., Louisville, is open to the public for skeet, trap and five-stand shooting from noon to 4 p.m. The club welcomes new shooters to practice or join a league. For normal hours of operation or more information, call 330-875-8081 or go to sportsmensshootingcenter.com.
• Sunday — The Lodi Bird Club hosts turkey shoots on Sundays through Dec. 10 on Franchester Road in Lodi. Registration begins at 9 a.m. Shoots start at 10 a.m. Only factory shotguns are allowed. Prizes include ham, turkey, pork chops, bacon and cash. For information or directions, call 330-948-1295.
• Tuesday — The North Industry Sportsmen’s Club, 7825 Beth Ave., Navarre, hosts trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays. The club opens for shooters at 5:30 p.m. All shooters are welcome. For more information, call Dennis Hayhurst at 330-280-0933.
• Tuesday — The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. Route 224, Deerfield Township, holds trap shoots at 5 p.m. Tuesdays. All are welcome. For more information, visit psfsclub.com.
• Wednesday — The Lost Arrow Archery Club, 3370 17th St. SW, Massillon, has half-course 3-D shoots on Wednesday nights. Registration begins at 4:30 p.m. All archers and types of bows are welcome. For details, call 330-844-1997.
Those purchasing an Ohio hunting license for the first time must complete a hunter education course. Additionally, Ohio hunters seeking licenses in other states may be required to show proof that they completed such a course. There is no charge. For more information, call 800-WILDLIFE.
LET US KNOW
• Seeking events — If you have an outdoors event planned, please submit the information to the Beacon Journal for inclusion in the Outdoors Almanac. Minimum information needed is: type of event, date, time, place (please include an address), cost and a number to call for further information. Include a website if applicable. Please submit items by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 330-996-3629.
Outdoors almanac: Oct. 13