• Monday — Lunker Luggers Bass Club of Kent is seeking new members, both boaters and nonboaters. The monthly meeting is the first Monday of the each month. Meeting time is 7:30 p.m. at On Tap Grille and Bar, 4396 Kent Road, Stow. Contact: 330-289-2752 or email@example.com. Website: kentlunkerluggers.com.
• Sept. 12 — The Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club meets at 7:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at the Mogadore VFW Hall, 385 Randolph Road, Mogadore. Its mission is to involve youth in outdoor activities. New members are welcome. For more information, call Steve Isaacs at 330-928-7169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sept. 17 — The Portage Summit Field and Stream Club, 8504 U.S. Route 224, Deerfield Township, meets at 2 p.m. the third Sunday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and to those interested in becoming a member. For more information, visit psfsclub.com or call Earl Watson at 330-858-5465.
• Friday — Lenape Trail Sportsman Club, 15413 Salt Creek Road, Mount Eaton, will host protector trap shoots beginning at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 330-695-9826.
• Friday — The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Friday — The Lake Milton Fish & Game Club, 4375 Bedell Road, Berlin Center, hosts open and protector trap shoots at 6 p.m. every Friday. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call Dean at 330-557-4001.
• Saturday — The Edinburg Sportsmen’s Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays for practice shoots. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-472-7206 or go to edinburgsportsmens.webs.com.
• Saturday — The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Twp., is now open to the public for trap shooting every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. National Rifle Association-certified instructors, shotgun rentals, and shells are available. For information, visit copleytrap.com or call at 330-310-0845. For additional information, contact Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
• Sunday — Sportsmen’s Shooting Center, 6501 State St., Louisville, is open to the public for skeet, trap and 5-stand shooting from noon to 4 p.m. The club welcomes new shooters to practice or to join a league. For normal hours operation or for more information, call 330-875-8081 or go to sportsmensshootingcenter.com.
• Tuesday — The North Industry Sportsmens Club, 7825 Beth Ave., Navarre, hosts weekly trap shoots Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. Club opens for shooters at 5:30 p.m. All shooters are welcome. For more information, call Dennis Hayhurst at 330-280-0933.
• Tuesday — The Portage-Summit Field and Stream Club, 8504 U.S. Route 224, Deerfield Township, holds trap shoots on Tuesdays that begin at 5 p.m. All are welcome. Information: psfsclub.com.
• Wednesday — The Lost Arrow Archery Club, 3370 17th St. SW, Massillon, has half-course 3-D shoots on Wednesday nights. Registration begins at 4:30 p.m. All types of bows and all archers are welcome. Call: 330-844-1997.
Those purchasing an Ohio hunting license for the first time must complete a hunter education course. Additionally, Ohio hunters seeking licenses in other states may be required to show proof that they completed such a course. There is no charge. For more information, call 800-WILDLIFE.
LET US KNOW
• Seeking events — If you have an outdoors event planned, please submit the information to the Beacon Journal for inclusion in the Outdoors Almanac. Minimum information needed is: type of event, date, time, place (please include an address), cost and a number to call for further information. Include a website if applicable. Please submit items by email to email@example.com or by fax at 330-996-3629.
Outdoors almanac: Sept. 1