LeBron’s Lakers will play host Cavaliers on Nov. 21
• LeBron James will make his one and only visit to Cleveland on Nov. 21 when the Los Angeles Lakers play the Cavaliers in the four-time MVP’s home state.
He will make his Lakers debut at Portland on Oct. 18 and play before home fans for the first time two days later as Los Angeles hosts Houston Oct. 20 at Staples Center.
The NBA released its complete regular season schedule Friday, and the Lakers will play on national TV 35 times.
For the 20th straight year, the Lakers will play on Christmas Day, traveling to face the defending champion Golden State Warriors.
Greek player upsets champ at Rogers Cup in Toronto
• Stefanos Tsitsipas of Greece upset defending champ Alexander Zverev of Germany 3-6, 7-6 (11), 6-4 in the Rogers Cup quarterfinals in Toronto. Tsitsipas will face fourth-seeded Kevin Anderson in the semifinals. Anderson beat fifth-seeded Grigor Dimitrov 6-2, 6-2.
In night quarterfinals, top-seeded Rafael Nadal beat sixth-seeded Marin Cilic 2-6, 6-4, 6-4, and will face Karen Khachanov, who beat Robin Haase 6-3, 6-1.
In Montreal, top-seeded Simona Halep advanced with a 7-5, 6-1 win over sixth-seeded Caroline Garcia, U.S. Open champion Sloane Stephens beat Latvia’s Anastasija Sevastova 6-2, 6-2 and Australia’s Ashleigh Barty topped Kiki Bertens of the Netherlands, 6-3, 6-1.
Wake Forest suspends aide over deadly punch
• Wake Forest University placed assistant basketball coach Jamill Jones on leave after police say he threw a punch that killed a New York City tourist. Police say Sandor Szabo banged on Jones’ SUV window early Sunday, apparently thinking the vehicle was his Uber ride. Police said Jones got out, punched Szabo and sped off. Szabo fell and hit his head and was taken off life support Tuesday.
• Tennessee women’s basketball coach Holly Warlick received a three-year contract extension and a $25,000 raise. Warlick’s contract now runs through the 2021-22 season. Her annual pay increased from $665,000 to $690,000.
Dylan Larkin signs contract with hometown Red Wings
• The Detroit Red Wings re-signed center Dylan Larkin, 22, a native of Waterford, Mich., to a $30.5 million, five-year contract. He led the team with a career-high 63 points and was third with 16 goals last season.
• Iowa sophomore lineman Tristan Wirfs says he’s frustrated and embarrassed after being charged with drunk driving. He said he just wants to put the July incident behind him and move on.
• A service will be Aug. 30 at Kyle Field in College Station, Texas, to remember late Texas A&M collie mascot Reveille VIII. The revered 12-year-old dog had been ill and died June 25. She will be laid to rest 10 years to the day from her debut as mascot.
— ABJ/Ohio.com wires
Sports news roundup, Aug. 11: Cavaliers to host LeBron’s Lakers on Nov. 21