1. Browns owner Jimmy Haslamís family business, Pilot Flying J, raided by the FBI and Internal Revenue Service on April 15 and is the target of an ongoing federal investigation into a fraud scheme in which several employees have admitted involvement by pleading guilty. As a result, uncertainty about ownership of team looms.
2. Indians hire Terry Francona as manager and add in the offseason Nick Swisher, Jason Giambi, Michael Bourn and Scott Kazmir among others.
3. Ohio State loses in Big Ten football title game to Michigan State, ending the 24-game winning streak under coach Urban Meyer and sees chance at BCS title game end.
4. Indians finish with a strong September and win a wild-card spot, losing to the Tampa Bay Rays in playoffs.
5. Cavs win the NBA draft lottery and, in a surprise, take Anthony Bennett, who has gotten off to a slow start in his rookie season.
6. Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner hire Rob Chudzinski and new coaching staff, plus GM Mike Lombardi and new personnel department. Still, another double-digit losing season ensues.
7. Zips menís basketball team wins the MAC Tournament, makes the NCAA Tournament despite the arrest of point guard Alex Abreu before the last game of the regular season.
8. LeBron James wins his second NBA title in a row, gives $1 million to St. Vincent-St. Mary for a remodel of the basketball gym.
9. Zips football goes 5-7 after the previous three 1-11 seasons and manhandles Michigan, before losing in the final moments on the road.
10. Tiger Woods shoots 61 and gets back to his winning ways in the Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone County Club.