Have you bought your ticket for the 2016 Dreamscape Raffle?
If not, you’d better hurry. The winning ticket for the landscape-makeover giveaway will be drawn at 10:30 a.m. Thursday in Alexander Park on West Market Street.
Tickets may be purchased several ways:
• Online at www.keepakronbeautiful.org. Online sales end Wednesday.
• By mail using a printable order form on the website. Mail orders must be placed by Monday.
• In person at the Keep Akron Beautiful office at 850 E. Market St. until the morning of the raffle, or at any of these businesses: Dayton Nurseries in Norton; Donzell’s Flower and Garden Center in Akron; Graf Growers Garden Center or Paul’s Greenhouse, both in Copley Township; or Suncrest Gardens in Boston Township.
Tickets are $25 each or five for $100. The winner will receive a professionally designed front- or backyard makeover, valued at $10,000. The property must be in Summit County.
Rules are on the Keep Akron Beautiful website.
• Brecksville Antique Show, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Brecksville Community Center, 1 Community Drive (off state Route 21). Fourteen dealers. $3. Admission fees will be donated to Brecksville Food Pantry; donations of paper goods, toiletries and canned and boxed food also welcome. 440-546-0600 or email@example.com.
• Join Us at the Potting Table, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and June 4, Graf Growers Garden Center, 1015 White Pond Drive, Copley Township. Plant container gardens with guidance from experts. Bring pots from home or purchase at the store. Potting soil and time-release fertilizer provided for up to three large pots; participants pay for plants. No reservations needed. 330-836-2727.
• Cicada program, 1-4 p.m. Sunday, Seiberling Nature Realm, 1828 Smith Road, Akron. Stop by anytime during those hours to participate in activities that explore the lives of 17-year cicadas.
• Anna Dean Farm walking tour, 1:30-4 p.m. Sunday, starting at the Piggery, 248 E. Robinson Ave., Barberton. Tour five of the eight remaining buildings on the former estate of Barberton founder O.C. Barber, as well as the Erie Depot. Free admission and parking. Participants may drive between stops if they wish. Presented by the Barberton Historical Society. www.annadeanfarm.com or 330-830-1444.
• Gardening Through the Year, 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Seiberling Nature Realm, 1828 Smith Road, Akron. Learn about selecting healthy plants, hardening them off and planting them correctly. Free. 330-865-8065.
• Knit for the Needy, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, John Torok Senior/Community Center, 4224 Massillon Road, Green. Knit or crochet items to be donated to Green Good Neighbors. Bring a dish to share. 330-896-6621.
• Ask a Master Gardener, 3-6 p.m. Thursday, Copley Creekside Farmers Market, 1245 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road. Master gardener volunteers will be available to answer questions.
• Nature Crafting for Adults: Odds & Ends Baskets, 6-9 p.m. Thursday, Liberty Park Nature Center, 9999 Liberty Road, Twinsburg. $10. Registration: 330-865-8065.
• Yarn Crafters meetings, 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Medina Library, 210 S. Broadway (330-725-0588), and 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 4, Highland Library, 4160 Ridge Road, Granger Township (330-278-4271 or 330-239-2674). Knitting and crocheting group.
• First Friday Coffee Chat, 10-11:30 a.m. Friday, OSU Extension Office, 120 W. Washington St., Medina. Master gardener volunteers will speak on the topic, Gardening for Pollinators — Attracting Bees & Butterflies. $5. Details and mail-in registration form at http://tinyurl.com/medinacoffeechat. Information: 330-725-4911.
• Richfield Community Garage Sale, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 4. More than 150 sales throughout Richfield. Maps of sale locations $1, available from 8 a.m. to noon or till sold out at the northwest corner of state Routes 303 and 176.
• Peninsula Flea, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 4, Heritage Farms, 6050 Riverview Road. Handmade, repurposed and vintage goods. www.facebook.com/PeninsulaFlea.
• Pop-Up Crafty Mart, 5-10 p.m. June 4, Summit Artspace, 140 E. Market St., Akron. Handmade goods, food and drink. Free admission. Part of Akron Artwalk. Felted Creature Workshop, 6-9 p.m., $15 plus $1.82 registration fee; register at www.craftymart.org/workshops-crafty-mart.
• Summer Pruning Workshop, 8 a.m. to noon June 8, Seaman Orientation Plaza, Secrest Arboretum, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, 1680 Madison Ave., Wooster Township. $25. Class size is limited. Registration: http://secrest.osu.edu or 330-263-3761.
• Fairy House Workshop, 10 a.m. to noon June 11, Portage County Gardeners’ Center, 5154 S. Prospect St. (state Route 44), Rootstown Township. $20. Registration and payment due June 4. 330-673-0577.
Submit notices of classes, programs and events to firstname.lastname@example.org or Home and Garden News, Features Department, Akron Beacon Journal, P.O. Box 640, Akron, OH 44309-0640. Please include name and phone number. All events must be open to the public. Deadline for submissions is noon Monday.
Mary Beth Breckenridge can be reached at 330-996-3756 or email@example.com. You can also become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MBBreckABJ or follow her on Twitter @MBBreckABJ.