• Check your church or community center for friendship or discussion groups.
• Join a book club.
• Volunteering will put you in touch with new faces.
• Visit www.newcomersclub.com for a worldwide directory of clubs and organizations that welcome you to a town.
• Mothers of young children should visit www.mothersandmore.org, www.motherscenter.org, and www.mops.org for local groups.
• Enroll in classes at the YMCA or neighborhood health club.
• Buy a dog or walk a neighbor’s pup. It’s a great conversation starter.
Source: The Friendship Crisis,
by Marla Paul