Wednesday is the last day to buy tickets for the 2014 Dreamscape Raffle, which will award a front yard or backyard makeover worth $10,000.
The winning ticket will be drawn Thursday for the annual raffle, which raises money for Keep Akron Beautiful’s public land beautification programs. The winner’s yard will be transformed during a landscaping blitz the week of Aug. 4.
The winning property must be in Summit County.
Tickets are $25 each or five for $100. They can be purchased online at www.keepakronbeautiful.org, at the Keep Akron Beautiful office in Akron or at any of these businesses: Dayton Nurseries in Norton; Donzell’s Flower & Garden Center in Akron; Graf Growers Garden Center and Paul’s Greenhouse, both in Copley Township; and Suncrest Gardens in Boston Township.
• Northeast Ohio Daffodil Society Spring Plant Sale, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. today, 5015 Wooster Road W., Barberton. Perennials and other plants from members’ gardens.
• Knitting and Crocheting Circle meetings, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. today and next Saturday, Highland Library, 4160 Ridge Road, Granger Township, Medina County (330-278-4271 or 330-239-2674); and 6 p.m. Thursday, Seville Library, 45 N. Center St. (330-769-2852).
• T-shirt Totes, 6:30 p.m. Monday, Buckeye Library, 6625 Wolff Road, York Township, Medina County. Bring a decorative T-shirt to create a bag. Program for tweens, teens and adults. Free. Register at the library or at www.mcdl.info.
• We Need Pollinators, BEE-lieve it or Rot!, 6-7 p.m. Tuesday, community garden at Kenmore Boulevard and Ira Avenue, Akron. Talk by Laura Urban, director or Urban Honey Bee. Part of Akron Summit Community Action Inc.’s Talking in the Garden Series. Free. Bring a chair. 330-572-8304.
• Pulling in the Power of Pollinators, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Springfield Senior & Community Center, 2459 Canfield Road, Springfield Township. Free. Presented by the Summit County Master Gardeners. 330-733-2556.
• Succulent Workshop, 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Graf Growers Garden Center, 1015 White Pond Drive, Copley Township. Create a succulent wreath or container garden. Potting soil provided; wreath forms and plants must be purchased at Graf’s. Reservations: 330-836-2727 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Ask a Master Gardener, 4-7 p.m. Thursday, Countryside Weeknight Farmers Market, Conger Avenue and West Market Street in Akron’s Highland Square. Summit County master gardener volunteers will be available to answer questions.
• Homegirl Barn Sale, 6-8 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and next Saturday, 2357 Hudson-Aurora Road, Hudson. Vintage and repurposed furniture, accessories and artwork. www.homegirlshop.com.
• Schnormeier Gardens open house, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday through June 8, 8701 Laymon Road, College Township, near Gambier. Private 75-acre property open for free self-guided tours. Dress comfortably and wear walking shoes. Not recommended for people with limited mobility. www.schnormeiergardens.org.
• Rose Garden Open House, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. next Saturday, Garden of Roses of Legend & Romance, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, 1680 Madison Ave., Wooster Township. Tours, pruning demonstrations and locally propagated roses for sale. http://secrest.osu.edu.
• Miniature & Fairy Gardens, 11 a.m. next Saturday, Donzell’s Flower & Garden Center, 937 E. Waterloo Road, Akron. Demonstration by Donzell’s floral designer Duane Rollins. Free. Reservations: 330-724-0505.
• Highland Square Garden Club Plant Sale, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. next Saturday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 8, outside PNC Bank, West Market Street and Portage Path, Akron. Shade and sun plants, vegetables and some herbs.
• Kent Historical Town and Garden Tour, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. next Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. June 8. Tour of historical houses and buildings, urban living spaces and two gardens, all within walking distance of downtown Kent. $20. Tickets available at these Kent locations: Hometown Bank, 142 N. Water St.; McKay Bricker Framing & Black Squirrel Gifts, 141 E. Main St.; Sue Nelson Designs Ltd., 156 S. Water St.; Kent Historical Society Museum, 237 E. Main St.; and Group Ten Gallery, 138 Burbick Way. 330-678-2712 or visit www.kentohiohistory.org.
• Nature Connects, through Aug. 24, Cleveland Botanical Garden, 11030 East Blvd. Family-oriented event includes 14 giant Lego sculptures and nature-related activities. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays; 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesdays; and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Closed Mondays. $11; children 3 to 12, $6; members and younger children, free. www.cbgarden.org or call 216-721-1600, ext. 100.
Submit notices of classes, programs and events to email@example.com or Home and Garden News, Features Department, Akron Beacon Journal, P.O. Box 640, Akron, OH 44309-0640. Please include name and phone number. All events must be open to the public. Deadline for submissions is noon Monday.
Mary Beth Breckenridge can be reached at 330-996-3756 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also become a fan on Facebook at http://tinyurl.com/mbbreck, follow her on Twitter @MBBreckABJ and read her blog at www.ohio.com/blogs/mary-beth.