1. Enter the realm. The Seiberling Nature Realm in Akron hosts a New Year’s celebration from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. with crafts, activities and a toast at noon. 330-865-8065.
2. Happy Noon Year. Zoo Year's Eve at the Akron Zoo runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with activities until 2 p.m. such as crafts, music, food, a resolution wall and animal encounters. When the clock strikes noon, a "zoo style" ball will drop. Tickets are $7. akronzoo.org.
3. Skating and putting. At Lock 3 Park in downtown Akron, you can skate and play Polar Putt-Putt from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. lock3live.com.
4. To market, to market. The Northside Marketplace in Akron will offer local craft beers, wine and champagne, food and dessert stations, music and the Times Square ball drop on the big TVs. Day-of tickets are $75 while they last at eventbrite.com.
5. Show some pride. The Rainbow Ball at the Akron Civic Theatre offers music, food by Moe’s Restaurant, open bar, music and drag performances and more to benefit the Akron Pride Festival. Tickets at the door are $125 while they last. akroncivic.com.
6. Wine time. And if you’re staying home and haven’t bought your bottle of bubbly yet, check out recommendations from our wine guy, Phil Masturzo, at https://bit.ly/2GK0lpl.