1. Chinese troupe in Cleveland. Chinese contemporary dance company Beijing Dance Theater will make its Ohio debut at 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at Playhouse Square's Ohio Theatre. The program will feature "Hamlet," a ballet reimagining of Shakespeare's story. Tickets are $25 to $45 at www.playhousesquare.org or 216-241-6000.
2. Ballet at E.J. Also in the dance realm, the University of Akron Dance Institute performs "The Snow Maiden" at 7 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m. Sunday at E.J. Thomas Hall. In this story, a little girl made of snow comes to life in a world with magical fairies, playful animals and a mysterious Snow Queen. The ballet is performed to a score by Tchaikovsky and Glazunov. Cost is $18 for adults and $12 for students. Call 330-253-2488 or see www.ticketmaster.com.
3. It's Groundhog Day! The Cleveland Museum of Natural History holds Groundhog Fun Day starting at 10 a.m. with live animal demonstrations, crafts and appearances by Thistle the Whistlepig at 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. in Murch Auditorium. The museum is at 1 Wade Oval Drive in University Circle in Cleveland. 216-231-4600 or visit www.cmnh.org.
4. Silent film at orchestra. In honor of Super Bowl weekend, the Canton Symphony Orchestra presents the Harold Lloyd silent film “The Freshman” with live accompaniment. It’s at 7:30 p.m. at Umstattd Performing Arts Hall. Tickets are $22-$32 at 330-452-2094 or www.cantonsymphony.org.
5. Reading Festival. The 12th annual Family Reading Festival will be Saturday at the Akron-Summit County Main Library in downtown Akron. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be activities, free books and entertainment. Jim Gill will perform at 10:45 a.m. and the Miller South Show Choir will sing at noon.