1. Apollo's Fire in concert: Fresh off their Grammy win, the Baroque ensemble Apollo’s Fire presents "Three Duels and a Funeral" at 7:30 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 263 E. Mill St., Akron. Soloists will do the dueling, while singer-actor Jeffrey Strauss performs the comical “Funeral Cantata for a Dead Canary.” Tickets are $22 and up at 216-320-0012 or www.apollosfire.org.
2. Another fine mess: The Canton Palace Theatre shows the new biopic “Stan & Ollie” at 7:30 p.m., including the short silent film “Liberty,” featuring the real Laurel & Hardy. Tickets are $5 at cantonpalacetheatre.org.
3. Gardening basics: The Well CDC at 647 E. Market St., Akron, presents a class on gardening basics at 6 p.m. It will include the basics of seed-starting, building raised beds, caring for your plants, harvesting and using produce. It’s $5 at https://bit.ly/2UuaybX.
4. Artist to lecture: Fred Tomaselli gives a Synapse Lecture at the Akron Art Museum, 1 S. High St., at 6:30 p.m. Thursday. Tomaselli is known for his collage resin-coated paintings that feature patterns that appear to grow organically, with layers of photographic cutouts often paired with substances such as pills and hallucinogenic plants. The Synapse series explores collaborations between art and science. akronartmuseum.org.
5. Lifehouse at Rocksino: Alt-rockers Lifehouse play the Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $34-$55 at ticketmaster.com.