1. Pet licensing: Is your beagle illegal? Get your four-legged friend licensed at Summit County Can Do! Events from 9 a.m. to noon at Acme Fresh Markets at 1835 W. Market St., Akron; 2226 State Road, Cuyahoga Falls; 2420 Wedgewood Drive, Akron; and 3235 Manchester Road, Coventry Township. Your $18 late fee will be waived if you donate a can of dog food to the County of Summit Division of Animal Control. For more information, go to www.co.summit.oh.us/index.php/departments/administrative-services/animal-control.
2. Symphony plays Beethoven: The Akron Symphony Orchestra presents two works by Beethoven at 8 p.m. at E.J. Thomas Hall. The famed “Eroica” was dedicated to Napoleon and is considered one of the great symphonies of all time. The Mass in C will feature the Akron Symphony Chorus and four soloists. Learn more about the works with a talk by Music Director Christopher Wilkins at 7 p.m. Tickets start at $25 at 330-535-8131 or go to akronsymphony.org.
3. No Muffin Left Behind: The No Muffin Left Behind sale begins at 9 a.m. at the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank on Opportunity Parkway. The sale will feature Main Street Gourmet's slightly off-spec products at $1.25 per pound. Some proceeds from the sale of cookie dough, muffin batter, granola, brownies and other items will benefit the food bank. akroncantonfoodbank.org/events.
4. Easter Keg Hunt: The third annual Easter Keg Hunt will be from 2 to 8 p.m. at Akron's Lock 3. Teams of up to six people (ages 21 and up) will receive a swag bag with goodies from businesses around Akron and will be able to choose something from the Easter Keg Hunt menu at each location. They will follow clues to each keg. For details and tickets ($30 single, $180 team), visit lock3live.com.
5. Healthy Choir Showcase: Choirs from around the community will compete at the Healthy Choir Showcase from 3 to 6 p.m. at Buchtel Community Learning Center in Akron. The Summit County Office of Minority Health, which is sponsoring the competition, will administer free screenings and offer information on chronic diseases and healthy lifestyles. RSVP at eventbrite.com.