Clark Gable's grandson
died of overdose
The grandson of actor and Ohio native Clark Gable died of an accidental drug overdose, officials said.
The Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office said an autopsy found Clark James Gable III was killed by a combination of opioids fentanyl and oxycodone, and sedative alprazolam. It ruled his death an accident.
Gable died in February. The 30-year-old lived in Dallas and hosted the reality TV show "Cheaters," which featured confrontations with people suspected of infidelity. He is survived by his fiancée and their infant daughter.
Gable's death was the latest in a national opioid crisis that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says claimed 48,000 lives in 2017.
He is the namesake of his famous grandfather, Clark Gable, who was born in Cadiz, Ohio, worked in Akron as a clerk at Firestone Steel Products in 1919 and the following year joined Miller Rubber Co.
R. Kelly prosecutor met
with lawyer Avenatti
Phone texts suggest chief Chicago prosecutor Kim Foxx worked closely with attorney Michael Avenatti before bringing sexual abuse charges against singer R. Kelly, including by meeting Avenatti during a layover at O'Hare International Airport.
The Feb. 9 meeting, based on text messages obtained through an open records request by the Chicago Tribune, show Foxx even arranged an office at O'Hare where they could talk privately. Avenatti thanked Foxx for "being so accommodating."
Kelly's lawyer, Steve Greenberg, argues the case is tainted by the involvement of Avenatti, who has since been charged with embezzlement and extortion. Avenatti denies the charges. Kelly prosecutors have said Greenberg's claims are baseless.
Avenatti represents two Kelly accusers and gave prosecutors video purporting to show Kelly having sex with a minor. Kelly denies abusing anyone.