BARBERTON — The city is launching its 2019 street resurfacing program this week.
Barbicas Construction Co. Inc. of Akron will serve as the contractor for the $1.3 million program, which will include arterial and residential streets.
“We continue to address street resurfacing within our community thanks to our residents and the passage of Issue 8," Barberton Mayor Bill Judge said in a prepared statement. “With this year’s program, we will add to the 78 lane miles of roadway that have already been resurfaced through this funding since 2014.”
The streets are:
• Washington Avenue: Fifth Street Northeast to East State Street.
• West Park Avenue: Ninth Street Northwest to Wooster Road North.
• Summit Street: Morgan Street to dead end.
• Morgan Street: Madison Avenue to Summit Road.
• Hiram Street: East State to Summit.
• Hiram Street: Newton Street to West Way Street.
• Hillsdale Avenue: All.
• Perry Avenue: 17th Street Northwest to dead end.
• Quincy Street: South Van Buren Avenue to Second Street SE.
• Green Street: Grand Boulevard to dead end.
• East Hopocan Avenue: Sixth Street Northeast to Ninth Street Northeast.
• Sixth Street Northeast: East Tuscawaras Avenue to Robinson Avenue.
• 25th Street Southwest: Wooster Road West to dead end.
• Third Street Southeast: Snyder Avenue to new pavement.
• Liberty Avenue: All.
• Foxglove Circle: All.
The city said Issue 8 funding also was the key driver in the community receiving $8.8 million from the Akron Metropolitan Area Transportation Study (AMATS) for street work scheduled to start in fiscal year 2021.