Vaccaro’s Trattoria, which is normally closed on Sundays, will be open for a Mother’s Day Celebration buffet.
Dishes — many akin to the ones chef/owner Raphael Vaccaro’s late mother used to prepare — include lobster and crab quiche, Nonna Linda’s Eggplant Lasagna, chicken scarpariello and prosciutto-wrapped pork tenderloin. Also included will be a La Dolce Vita Dessert Table and a Caesar salad station.
There will be two seatings, the first beginning at noon to 12:30 p.m. and the second beginning at 2 to 2:30 p.m. Cost is $34.95 for adults and $15.95 for children ages 12 and under. For reservations, call 330-666-6158. Vaccaro’s is at 1000 Ghent Road in Bath, near Interstate 77.
Here are some other Mother’s Day buffets/brunches/menus. Reservations are either required or strongly recommended. Check with the individual establishments.
• Tangier Event & Entertainment Center, 532 W. Market St., Akron, will offer a brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. 330-376-7171.
• Blue Canyon, 8960 Wilcox Drive, Twinsburg, will offer extended brunch hours with a Holiday Buffet, and seatings from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. 330-486-2583.
• Papa Joe’s, 1561 Akron-Peninsula Road in Akron’s Merriman Valley, will offer a special Mother’s Day menu from noon to 8 p.m. 330-923-7999.
• BLU Plate, 45 E. Market St. in Akron, hosts a Mother’s Day Brunch with Live Jazz buffet from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. 330-252-1190.
• The Venue Banquets, 10 Tallmadge Circle in Tallmadge, offers a Mother’s Day Sunday Brunch from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 330-633-7111.
• Fleming’s, 4000 Medina Road in Copley Township, presents a Mother’s Day three-course brunch or all-day dinner beginning at 10 a.m. 330-670-5200.
• The Galaxy Restaurant, 201 Park Centre Drive in Wadsworth, will celebrate with a Grand Feast buffet from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. 330-334-3663.
• Beau’s Grille, inside the Akron/Fairlawn Hilton across from Summit Mall, offers a Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 330-867-5218.
• Beau’s on the River, inside the Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls, offers a brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 330-920-7530.
• The Polish American Club in Akron will serve its annual Mother's Day Swiss Steak Dinner from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at the club, 472 E. Glenwood Ave. Dinner includes mashed potatoes, green beans, salad and dessert. Coffee or tea is included. Other beverages are available for purchase. Tickets, which can be purchased in advance or at the door, are $15 for adults and $7 for children 12 and younger. Enter from Dan Street. Call 330-253-0496.
• Children ages 12 and under can decorate a free heart-shaped Mother's Day cake at all Acme Fresh Market locations from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Seating will be limited. Pre-register at the customer service counter at the Acme location of your choice. Cake decorators will be on hand to help. The Akron-based grocery chain says lots of icing colors, sprinkles and other toppings will be available.
• The 1820 Spring Hill Historic Home in Massillon will open at 11:30 a.m. Saturday for a Mother’s Day tea. The hearty menu includes cheese soup; egg salad, ham and cheese and cucumber sandwiches; mini muffins; scones with lemon curd, cream and jam; mini quiches; chocolate desserts, lemon sugar cookies and butterscotch bars; and a variety of teas.
The Woman’s Board is providing the spread. Cost is $15. Prepaid reservations are due Thursday; call 330-833-6749 or go to springhillhistorichome.org/motherstea.
The home, at 1401 Spring Hill Lane NE in Massillon, was built in approximately 1821 and was a station on the Underground Railroad.
Send local food news to Katie Byard at 330-996-3781 or email@example.com.