The Greater Akron Chamber on Wednesday announced the winners of its 2019 Business Awards, spotlighting the accomplishments of companies, businesses, organizations and people that are elevating the community.
The recipients are:
• Akron Glass Works, Making Shift Happen Award for a company or entrepreneur in business for more 10 years that is reinventing its products and services or approach to the marketplace.
• Leia’ Love Hair and Nail Salon, MBE to Watch Award for a minority-owned business or minority entrepreneur.
• VMI Group, WBE to Watch Award for a woman-owned business or female entrepreneur.
• Summit Building Services, #ChooseGrowth Award for a business that has moved beyond startup.
• FMD Architects, Business to Work for Award for a small- or mid-sized business.
• Noir Creative, Art-repreneur of the Year Award for a creative industry business or artist.
• FI Community Housing, Best Origin Story Award.
• Akron Coffee Roasters, Priming the Pump Award for encouraging others' entrepreneurial growth and pursuits.
The winners will be recognized at a June 6 program at the Bounce Innovation Hub, 526 S. Main St. The cost is $25 per Chamber member; $40 per non-member.
To make a reservation, call 330-376-5550 or go to www.greaterakronchamber.org.