JACKSON TWP. — Part of a utility structure at Shady Hollow Country Club caught fire Thursday afternoon and was quickly extinguished.

The fire was reported shortly after 3:30 p.m. inside a maintenance barn at the club, 4865 Wales Ave. NW, and was knocked down prior to 4 p.m., according to dispatch.

Firefighters from Massillon and Plain Township were called to assist Jackson at the scene. No life-threatening injuries were reported.

The blaze caused police to block off a section of Wales Avenue for nearly an hour, so fire engines and emergency vehicles could safely enter and leave the club.