Voters in the Coventry Local School District will be asked to approve an earned income tax and voters in the Springfield Local School District will have three levies to decide on Nov. 5.
A list of issues released late Wednesday by the Summit County Board of Elections includes nine tax issues on the General Election ballot from various school districts.
The Coventry issue would apply a 1 percent income tax for residents in the district for five years and would be used for current expenses. The district is currently in fiscal emergency, and Superintendent Lisa Blough believes it could help lift the school system from state control of budget matters.
Other school districts with measures on the ballot:
• Barberton, a substitute levy would combine two existing levies.
• Cuyahoga Falls, a combined bond issue and additional levies. The bond issue would pay for school construction and renovation.
• Manchester Local, a combined bond issue and additional levy.
• Northwest Local, an earned income tax renewal would continue the 1 percent tax used for operating expenses for five years.
• Revere Local, a substitute levy to replace two current levies.
Voters in Copley, Northfield Center Township, Tallmadge and Lakemore Village will decide tax issues.
In Copley, the proposed replacement and increased levy would fund the township’s fire department.
Northfield Center Township voters will be asked to approve a levy to buy an existing structure at 9447 Olde Eight Road for the community’s town hall.
Tallmadge would raise the city’s income tax from 2 percent to 2.25 percent to fund fire and police services.
A Lakemore Village increased renewal levy would help fund the village’s fire department. A renewal levy would do the same.
New Franklin and Stow voters will weigh in on changes to their cities’ charters.
Countywide, a renewal levy would continue to fund the Summit County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services (ADM) Board.
To read the issues, go to https://bit.ly/2MLbLuk.
Alan Ashworth can be reached at 330-996-3859 or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter at @newsalanbeaconjourna.