The girls basketball season is still in the early stages, but several area teams are already separating from the pack.
One of them is Canton McKinley, which is led by senior Kierstan Bell, Ohio’s Ms. Basketball as a sophomore and junior and an Ohio State University recruit.
Bell scored 46 points and had eight rebounds, eight blocks, seven steals and six assists on Wednesday to lead host McKinley (7-0) to an 81-51 win over St. Vincent-St. Mary.
Vanessa Sales, a transfer who previously played at Copley, scored 15 points for McKinley, which led 32-11 after one quarter.
More undefeated teams
• TaNaya Gooden-Wesley scored 16 points and Lonasia Brewer added 14 to lead Hoban (6-0) to a 67-50 win over host Gates Mills Gilmour Academy on Wednesday.
• Host Wadsworth (5-0) beat North Royalton 81-16 on Wednesday behind Kacie Evans (18 points) and E’Anna Won (14 points).
• Sophomore Shyanne Sellers scored 24 points and grabbed 10 rebounds on Wednesday to lead Aurora (5-0) to a 50-36 win over host Highland. Sellers made six 3-pointers.
Davis scores 30 points
Lauren Davis scored 30 points to help host Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy (2-4) secure a 61-59 win over Fairless in overtime on Wednesday. Davis made nine shots from the field and 12 free throws.
Revere’s fast start
Visiting Revere jumped out to a 16-0 lead on Wednesday en route to a 70-31 win over Kent Roosevelt. Adison Novosel scored 20 points, Taylor Rinn had 15 points and 17 rebounds and Grace Hete scored 14 points for Revere (4-2).
• Host Stow (3-1) won 63-34 over Twinsburg (3-1) with Emily Andrassy scoring 22 points and Lizzy Stefanov chipping in 12 points. Stow led 42-19 at halftime.
• Annie Roshak scored 19 points and Kate Haubert contributed 14 points to guide visiting North Canton Hoover (4-2) to a 58-35 win over Lake.
• Katie Clark scored 20 points and Walsh Jesuit (2-4) earned a 48-37 win over host Parma Padua.
• Emily Dente made six 3-pointers for 18 points and Alexis Heap scored 14 points to lead host Copley (2-4) to a 45-17 win over Tallmadge. The Indians outscored the Blue Devils 40-10 over the final three quarters.
Boys hoops details
• North Canton Hoover (3-0) earned a 67-36 win over host GlenOak (3-2) on Tuesday. Sencire Harris led Hoover with 21 points and Jonah McCartney scored 16 points.
• Julian Jackson’s 26 points led Perry to a 57-51 win over host Canton McKinley.
• Aurora improved to 3-1 overall with a 73-57 win over host Kent. Jack Fecko (18 points), Justin Gentile (14 points) and Ethan Hayes (13 points) led Aurora.
• Damani Ganaway scored 24 points and Jack Burdett had 16 points and 19 rebounds to lead Hudson (2-1) to a 72-67 win over host Nordonia. Evan Wiehe scored 25 points for Nordonia. Ganaway and Wiehe both made five 3-pointers.
Michael Beaven can be reached at 330-996-3829 or email@example.com.