• Sunday: ►May 19:◄ The Portage Summit Field and Stream Club, 8504 U.S. Route 224, Deerfield Township, meets at 2 p.m. the third Sunday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and to those interested in becoming a member. For more information, visit psfsclub.com or call Earl Watson at 330-858-5465.
• Monday: ►May 20:◄The Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Wildlife will host a seminar on basic bass fishing strategies from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Aquatic Education Building, District Three Headquarters, 912 Portage Lakes Drive, Coventry Township. The seminar is free but registration is required because space is limited. To register, call 330-245-3030 or go online at wildohio.gov.
• June 3: Lunker Luggers Bass Club of Kent is seeking new members who are boaters or nonboaters. Meetings are at 7:30 p.m. the first Monday of each month at On Tap Grille & Bar, 4396 Kent Road, Stow. For more information, call 330-289-2752 or email email@example.com. For details, visit kentlunkerluggers.com.
• Friday: The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Friday: The Lake Milton Fish & Game Club, 4375 Bedell Road, Berlin Center, hosts open and protector trap shoots at 6 p.m. every Friday. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call Earl Fisher 330-814-1880.
• Saturday: The Edinburg Sportsmen’s Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays for practice shoots. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-472-7206 or go to edinburgsportsmens.webs.com.
• Saturday: The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Township, is open to the public for trap shooting from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays. National Rifle Association-certified instructors, shotgun rentals and shells are available. For details, visit copleytrap.com or call 330-310-0845. For more information, call Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
• Sunday: Lone Eagle Bowmen will host a 30-target 3D shoot at 2276 Seeman St. SW in East Sparta. For more information, call 330-575-0744 or visit loneeaglebowmen.com.
• Sunday: Sportsmen’s Shooting Center, 6501 State St., Louisville, is open to the public for skeet, trap and five-stand shooting from noon to 4 p.m. The club welcomes new shooters to practice or join a league. For normal hours of operation or more information, call 330-875-8081 or go to sportsmensshootingcenter.com.
• Tuesday: The North Industry Sportsmen’s Club, 7825 Beth Ave., Navarre, hosts trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays. The club opens for shooters at 5:30 p.m. All shooters are welcome. For more information, call Dennis Hayhurst at 330-280-0933.
• Tuesday: The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. Route 224, Deerfield Township, holds trap-style shoots from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays. All are welcome. For more information, visit psfsclub.com.
LET US KNOW
• Seeking events: If you have an outdoors event planned, please submit the information to the Beacon Journal for inclusion in the Outdoors Almanac. Minimum information needed is: type of event, date, time, place (please include an address), cost and a number to call for further information. Include a website if applicable. Please submit items by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or by fax at 330-996-3629.