• Monday: Lunker Luggers Bass Club of Kent is seeking new members who are boaters or nonboaters. Meetings are at 7:30 p.m. the first Monday of each month at On Tap Grille & Bar, 4396 Kent Road, Stow. For more information, call 330-289-2752 or email email@example.com. For details, visit kentlunkerluggers.com.
• Aug. 13: The Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club meets at 7:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at the Mogadore VFW Hall, 385 Randolph Road, Mogadore. Its mission is to involve youths in outdoor activities. New members are welcome. For more information, call Steve Isaacs at 330-928-7169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Friday: The Bolivar Sportsman’s Club, 11286 Bolivar-Strasburg Road NW, Bolivar, hosts open trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. every Friday. For more information, call 330-874-3175.
• Friday: The Lake Milton Fish & Game Club, 4375 Bedell Road, Berlin Center, hosts open and protector trap shoots at 6 p.m. every Friday. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call Earl Fisher 330-814-1880.
• Saturday: The Edinburg Sportsmen’s Association, 7261 Tallmadge Road, Edinburg Township, is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays for practice shoots. New shooters are welcome. For more information, call 330-472-7206 or go to edinburgsportsmens.webs.com.
• Saturday: The Copley Trap Range, 1665 Jacoby Road, Copley Township, is open to the public for trap shooting from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays. National Rifle Association-certified instructors, shotgun rentals and shells are available. For details, visit copleytrap.com or call 330-310-0845. For more information, call Harvey Bechtel at 330-620-6909.
• Sunday: Lone Eagle Bowmen will host a 30-target 3D shoot at 2276 Seeman St. SW in East Sparta. For more information, call 330-575-0744 or visit loneeaglebowmen.com.
• Sunday: Sportsmen’s Shooting Center, 6501 State St., Louisville, is open to the public for skeet, trap and five-stand shooting from noon to 4 p.m. The club welcomes new shooters to practice or join a league. For normal hours of operation or more information, call 330-875-8081 or go to sportsmensshootingcenter.com.
• Tuesday: The North Industry Sportsmen’s Club, 7825 Beth Ave., Navarre, hosts trap shoots at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays. The club opens for shooters at 5:30 p.m. All shooters are welcome. For more information, call Dennis Hayhurst at 330-280-0933.
• Tuesday: The Portage-Summit Field & Stream Club, 8504 U.S. Route 224, Deerfield Township, holds trap style shoots 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays. All are welcome. For more information, visit psfsclub.com.
•Wednesday: The Lost Arrow Archery Club, 3370 17th St. SW, Massillon, has half-course 3-D shoots on Wednesday nights. Registration begins at 4:30 p.m. All archers and types of bows are welcome. Cost is $5 for non-members and $3 for members. Similar dates: 14, 21, 28; Sept. 4 and 11. Information: lostarrowarcheryclub.com.
Ohio residents wishing to purchase an Ohio hunting license must have passed an Ohio Hunter Education course. There are three options to take the course. The instructor-led classroom version is for anyone. It includes eight to 12 hours of study and classroom work. Hunters 15 or younger must be accompanied by an adult. The online course is for hunters 12 or older. The course and the testing are completed online at student’s convenience. There is also a home-study version. The course is taken online, but testing is done in a classroom setting and can take up to four hours. All options require passing a 100-question, multiple-choice test with a minimum score of 75. Online and home-study options require a $15 fee to the online vendor after passing. Instructor-led courses are free. To find a course, register, purchase a license or permit or for more information, visit an authorized agent or WildOhio.gov. Visit wildohio.gov or call 1-800-WILDLIFE to find an agent. All hunters, regardless of age, must carry a valid hunting license to hunt or trap game in Ohio. Hunting deer, turkey, waterfowl or hunting or trapping of furbearers requires the hunter to possess an additional, game-specific permit.
LET US KNOW
• Seeking events: If you have an outdoors event planned, please submit the information to the Beacon Journal for inclusion in the Outdoors Almanac. Minimum information needed is: type of event, date, time, place (please include an address), cost and a number to call for further information. Include a website if applicable. Please submit items by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 330-996-3629.